Gratefully, the trip was worth it. We had a wonderful time with Jer's family--as the pictures will attest. Jason, September, Zac and Baby Autumn caravaned out to Utah with us, and we had a blast listening to Zac sing "Rockin' the Suburbs" from Over the Hedge in the back seat. Christmas was unbelievable--we ended up having to open most of Ethan's presents for him because he was so overwhelmed with all the gifts. Of course, our time with the Riches was one big party--there were lots of funny moments, good long talks, and fantastic food as only Riches know how! We also got to see lots of friends, and the boys got in some great quality time with their cousin Savanna. Annie and I got to celebrate our birthdays together, which we haven't done in a long time, and Jeremy and Sam bonded over 'Halo' at 3am on New Year's Eve. I had an 1812 Fugal Hall Reunion with (most of) my freshman roommates, the boys discovered dinosaur fossils at Thanksgiving Point and went sledding with Grandpa Tom, and the Rich girls shared a day at the spa and saw "The Queen" together--I highly recommend it. And my dream of being able to take our boys on a walk around BYU came true--we went to the bookstore, we showed them where Jer and I met, and I cried as I took their picture in front of the Y. Could we have asked for more? I don't think so... It was perfect.
You've probably been waiting for me to talk about the OSU football game, and I will only say this... We still believe. This blog has been changed to scarlet and gray to express our solidarity with the Bucks, and I truly think there was something in the water in Glendale, Arizona on January 8th. But we had a great time hanging out that night with our fellow Buckeyes, the Ashtons and the Calls, so it was worth the pain of losing... right???? Go Bucks!
And last, but most definitely not least, WE MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's official.... We are heading to Walter Reed Army Medical Center for the next 5 years. I will go ahead and brag about Jeremy because he sure as heck won't--he was one of 38 applicants this year (4 times as many as they've ever had) for the 6 spots available in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery in the Army--and he got one! I was so proud of him, I cried... What's new, right? Anyway, we're thrilled--but not as thrilled as my parents. My mom honestly sang the Hallejulah chorus into the phone when I told her. It's going to be a wild ride trying to find a house in the DC area in our price range, but know that you're welcome to visit us wherever we end up!!! We'll be moving in May, so I'll send along our new address when we get one...
Happy New Year!!! Love, Karen & clan
Bennett and Grandpa Tom on Christmas morning...
Jer and the drill--"I'm a man!"
Cheese! (the snowy Y in the background)
The Discovery Gateway in SLC--what will they think of next?
Ethan was soaked by the end of the day!
Ethan and Savvy sledding in the backyard--"Iss too scawy, Aunt Kawen!"
Bennett the dinosaur...
The archaeologists...
The Fu-gals of 1812
No comments:
Post a Comment