The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. Fact: I have a very very serious case of the travel bug. Sometimes just THINKING about traveling makes me cry for joy... but if you know me, you know that's nothing new :o) I just love discovering new places, learning about people and different cultures, and the overall adventure of it all! I believe this is a hereditary thing, because I definitely got it from my dad. He lived all over the world growing up, and has never been able to get it out of his system. To date, I have spent time in Israel and the West Bank, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Bahrain, Dubai, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, England, Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and Canada. There are so many places I still want to explore, especially Greece/Turkey and Northern England/Scotland/Wales. And I've promised Jer that I will go to Colombia with him someday to visit the people and places he grew to love on his mission. I'm also excited to travel with our boys and show them the wonders and incredible people on this beautiful earth. Now we just need some time and money so we can get going!
2. Habit: I have no idea how to explain this in a way that will make sense, but I type EVERYTHING out with my fingers. I will literally type out what people are saying to me as they are talking. This is, of course, subtle and sometimes my fingers don't even move, but I'm doing it in my head. I promise I'm listening, though! It's a totally weird thing and I bet there's a name for it--if anyone knows how to cure me... it can get pretty annoying!
3. Fact: I don't remember very much from my childhood. I remember most of my friends, teachers, etc. as well as isolated events, but I don't remember much about my day-to-day life. This is probably another issue I have that needs to be dealt with, but luckily almost all the things I remember are good ones, so I'm pretty happy with my life so far :o) Selective memory, isn't that what they call it?
4. Fact: If I could only eat one meal every day for the rest of my life, I would choose insalata caprese--tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella--with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top. Honestly, I would choose it over chocolate, candy, potato chips, french fries--whatever you'd throw at me, I'd still pick my salad. And water, of course...
5. Habit: I used to memorize license plates. We would get to church on Sunday mornings and I could tell my parents who was already there just by reading their license plates--not on purpose, it was just something I did subconsciously. A lot of them I still remember--I would prove it, but I don't know if some people still have the same ones. I don't do it much anymore, I guess my brain is filled with other things now...
6. Fact: I LOVE cleaning. I know, how sick am I?!? I honestly get excited about Friday, my house cleaning day. There's something so therapeutic for me in getting down on my hands and knees, making something clean again--making it smell good, look good, and feel good. It makes the weekend so much more fun to know that the house is clean--I can really enjoy the other activities I do because I know my work at home is done. I used to be borderline OCD about it, especially when the boys were really little. I felt like I couldn't ever completely relax--I was either too busy doing kid stuff and my house would fall apart, or I'd have a clean house and totally neglected children. And then I met FlyLady :o) This was really not meant to be a plug... oh well! Her philosophy is you can do anything for 15 minutes--and she's right! Anyway, I love the way she works, and it's totally worked for me. So if you want more info, check out my sidebar for her link.
YES! I did it! And it only took me 3 days to write this... I wish I could get back the people who tagged me, but it doesn't work like that--so I tag Mindy G, Becca C, Natalie (that means you have to post something!), Lindsay P, Sharlynn, and Heather K. Have fun!!!
10 comments:
Every time I look at someone's tag I think about how fun it would be to be tagged. Now that you chose me my mind is completely blank and I have no idea what I am going to write... Give me a few days and hopefully I will come up with something good!
I agree--I love reading other people's tags. I had to laugh about your typing dialogue habit...I sometimes do the same thing!! And I even more frequently play music on an imaginary piano or in my head (I play in my head much better than I play on the piano!) Anyway....Sorry about tagging you. I only have a few blogging friends, so I had to tag almost everyone I know. You did great! :) I rattled off the first 6 things that came to my mind, and now I wish I could do it over.
PS-I deleted my 1st post because I worded something wacky and had to clear it up...
Cute and sweet, not "twisted" at all. The typing-thing is from me. Sorry. The memorizing license plates is from Dad. Happy childhood memories............you were a joy to raise! You'll always be a joy.
Ummmmmm.....What do I do now. I can never think of anything to write. That is a tough tag. Why did you pick me? You are in trouble gal!
It's fun to learn new things about people you love... especially a sister
Okay, I just had to tell you that I totally do that typing thing, too. And I am glad I am not the only one, because I thought it was a little weird. So if you find out that it is some kind of strange disorder, let me know! :)
Well, aren't you sneaky! I'm not sure 6 people read my blog that regularly, so I'll just end up tagging anyone who does. :o) It may take me 3 days to get to it, as well...
Oh, and you have some very interesting quirks! It was fun to read them. I guess we're all weird in our own ways, though some of us are weirder than others. (hee hee!)
Hi, Karen. This is Melanie Crane in Utah. I'm so glad I found your blog, six degrees of seperation...except yours only took 3. HOW ARE YOU GIRL??? Email me. jason.melanie.crane@gmail.com our blog is jmcrane.blogspot.com
love, Mel
Now I see that you are the reason I got tagged by Heather. Rude! My sister also tagged me and I left it on her comments. Hers was 7 unique things about yourself. That was much easier than this one, I still haven't done it. But I loved reading yours! I finally did our trip to see you. Not as good as yours, but then I try to never compare.
Post a Comment