Thursday, October 14, 2010

2 months of heaven...

(photos courtesy of Lolli--Thank you!!!)

2 month stats (just in case you care)--weight: 13 lbs (99th %), height: 24 inches (95th %)

Our sweet Caroline turns 2 months old today! She has been nothing but pure joy to our family. We are still fighting over who gets to hold and play with her... The boys tell me it's not fair that I get to stay home with her all day :o)

Bennett calls her nothing but Baby and can't stand to hear her cry. The other night she was overtired and just inconsolable, and Bennett kept coming out of bed to make sure that I hadn't abandoned her. "Mom, are you holding her?" And yesterday he cried right along with her when she got her 2-month shots.

At least 3 times a day Ethan says, "She's just so cute, Mom--I want to squeeze her guts out!" He loves to swing her in her swing, often on the highest setting :o) I have to remind him to be soft sometimes, but he just adores her and is so attentive--I can't complain...

Needless to say, we are LOVING having this sweet girl in our home.

I thought I'd note a few details to give you some insight into her personality:

Caroline is a great sleeper. She sleeps at least 6-7 hours straight at night. Heaven knew I need her to--burning the candle at both ends just trying to take care of everyone's basic needs, plus chauffering the boys to sports, scouts, and school activities wipes me out by the end of the day! I'm so grateful she will sleep for me :o)


She is the most content little girl. She will just sit and watch all of us flying around her, tracking the boys with her eyes as they run by. Tonight I made a disaster of a dinner that took 90 minutes to make, and Caroline just sat in her swing patiently waiting for me... How did I get so lucky? I promise I'm not usually so neglectful...

Caroline is starting to be more aware of and interactive with her surroundings. She will smile on cue whenever we do anything remotely entertaining, she loves to "dance" when she gets excited, and her favorite place to perform is on the changing table. Everyone runs in to be the first at "face time" with Caroline when I'm getting her ready for bed. That's evening entertainment for you...


She is so strong! From the very beginning, Caroline has been able to lift up her head and look around. When they first put her on my chest in the hospital, she looked straight up into my eyes with this look like, "Oh, hi there!" Now she sits up in the bumbo seat and "talks" to me while I'm getting ready in the morning. She is my little BFF :o)

And finally, in Jeremy's words, she is just "super stinkin' cute!"

As far as we're concerned, Neil Diamond says it best (and that's a first!):

Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good...

15 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

I am so happy she's in your family. She makes me happy, just knowing how happy she is making you. :)

I am Laura said...

I think girls are the best and she is a really beautiful little girl. I love that your boys love her so much. That is so sweet.

Elisa said...

She is definetly stinkin' cute! Good luck when she starts dating. Not only will they have her Dad to go through, they will have two Big Brothers to go through too! LOVE IT!

Jen I said...

She is soooooo pretty. I knew there would be huge advantages to having siblings so much older! That's adorable that he cried with her getting her shots!

mindy said...

What a darling little girl. I'm so glad the wait paid off. She sounds like a doll. It is great to have older siblings. I know they made our life much easier when #3 was born.

Kari said...

Yes she is so stinkin cute! So happy for you guys! She is beautiful and it sounds like you are all adjusting fabulously!

Mary said...

She is adorable! I love that Bennett and Ethan love her so much. She will be so well taken care of with two great big brothers.

All of us, but mostly Heidi said...

Love it!

The Spendloves said...

She is gorgeous!!! I'm so happy for you!

Who does she look like to you?

Anne Woods said...

i love these... gives me such a great feel for her. She's so beautiful and precious. Keep the pictures coming!!

beatrice said...

Love it!

Elie said...

SO BEAUTIFUL, KAREN.

I am Laura said...

How do I not have your email address in my hotmail? Crazy crazy. I wanted to email you. Could you email me your address at bglawilliams@hotmail.com also Are you on wastebook -- oh I mean facebook?

Lorraine said...

She is perfect!

rick and cheryl said...

Congrats, Karen! She is just beautiful! Glad all is going well with your family!