Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall is flying by...

Wow, Halloween was almost 2 weeks ago and the trees here are now almost entirely devoid of leaves... I hate how quickly my favorite season comes and goes! I'm also finding that it's hard to document things very well when I have a baby in tow. I'm more concerned about making sure she's fed and happy than I am about making sure I have the camera--and using it! But I got a couple cute shots of my favorite boys doing some of their favorite things this fall... And you haven't seen much of them on this blog in a while, so enjoy!

Of course, the world wouldn't be right if we didn't get in a good apple picking trip. This year's crop did NOT disappoint--in fact, we went back and got more! Homestead Farm's Fuji apples were to die for this year. We have outdone ourselves between apple pies, apple crisps and applesauce--we might need to take a break for a while... let's be honest, a little fiber can go a long way :o)

I remember when they could barely pick up the little pumpkins! These boys are growing up WAY too fast for me... Aren't they just precious???

After deliberating between going as Harry Potter/Lord Voldemort, Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader, and the Super Mario Bros, I am happy to say that the least scary of the 3 duos won out this Halloween. Seriously, Bennett--Voldemort? I just put my foot down on that one. He's too evil. And how in the world would I have made that costume? The kid would have needed plastic surgery...

And so, I present to you the cutest Mario and Luigi I have ever seen!!! (Just don't tell Bennett that he's wearing maternity overalls. They were the only ones I could find at the thrift store that were even remotely his size. And that's saying something. Good thing he doesn't know what the "Motherhood" tag means :o)
Luigi must have gotten his teeth knocked out by King Koopa... If that's what it takes to win, dude!

The boys got the first 2 days of November off, so we got to have some fun time with Grandma and Grandpa. My mom took us to Cox Farms, where I used to go with friends when I was little! We had such a blast--Ethan still can't stop talking about the vortex in the corn maze, and I think Bennett thought the aliens on the hayride were real. "Mom, they were playing Star Wars music! How did they know???"

My personal favorite...

Poor Caroline's Halloween aspirations just didn't work out this year. She was going to be Princess Peach to go along with Mario and Luigi, but I couldn't find a dress that would work and, honestly, she slept through most of the festivities. My cute neighbor took a picture of her all dressed up in her Halloween onesie, jeanskirt, and orange leggings, but she took it on her iPhone and I haven't asked her to send it to me yet. When I get it, I will put it up.

In the meantime, here she is as the Flying Nun :o)
The other night when I was taking off her onesie, the sleeves were in just the right position and I started cracking up and grabbed the camera. Caroline thought it was pretty funny, too...

Enjoy the last remnants of this beautiful season!!!

6 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Cute Mario brothers!! (And cute baby, too!!)

Safire said...

And I thought my boys were cute as the Mario Brothers for Halloween this year. :) And boy has Caroline grown up all of a sudden!

Lollidale Farm said...

The boys are adorable as the Mario brothers. I think I may have to come over and inspect Bennett's overalls. Maternity?! LOL!

Dan and Bec said...

I miss seeing you and your cute boys!!! I ran into a very reverent Bennett yesterday and was reminded of how cute and fun your boys are!!!

The Great and Powerful Luce said...

oh goodness.........precious pictures, precious kids. love them all! still smiling about cox farms -- new fall tradition! love you.

Sister Pabst said...

The kids look perfect and you all sound fabulous!!! Oh, I miss you so much!!! Thank you for posting... I LOVE hearing about and seeing all your cuteness. Must chat soon!!! Love you ALL!!!