Friday, January 14, 2011

5 months already???

So OK, I know I totally reek at blogging consistently, and this post will not really count because it won't be that long because I'm exhausted and need to go to bed, and I haven't even posted yet about my baby brother's incredible wedding in November or our fun trip to Utah for Christmas or our yummy sushi, calamari & tempura dinner on New Years Eve or our daunting (read: psycho) plans/goals for 2011, BUT... I cannot let this day pass without just saying something about the JOY we've been feeling in our family for 5 months today.

The novelty has not worn off: we all still race to be the first in her room when she wakes up in the morning, we all still ooh and aahhh over every little thing she does (probably annoying to others--sorry!), and we are all just full to overflowing with love and gratitude for this precious little angel that has brought healing to our hearts and our home. When Jer told me he didn't get me much for Christmas (we are saving up for a treadmill), I told him, "Babe, my Christmas morning came at 3:25 on August 14th. You couldn't give me anything better than that!" And it's true... Sorry for the nauseating sap tonight, folks, I'm sure it has nothing to do with fatigue :o) but it's how I'm feeling and I wanted to document it. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me, loves me, and gives me challenges to help me grow, but also gives me blessings that far outweigh those challenges. I never could have dreamed my heart could hold so much...

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

Sweet post. Great photos! She is the sweetest...well, you both are!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Awwww we all love her too! I know what you mean about the novelty never wearing off. The other day I found myself telling Callie about this cute thing Troy was doing where he looked up at Travis waving his hands as he talked and as I heard it coming out of my mouth I was thinking, "Could she possible care about this?" and "Oh crap I'm one of THOSE moms!" Ha ha!! She is so precious though so it's totally understandable!

jamie t. said...

We feel the same way about our Carter 6 months later :) That last picture is so so sweet. What a blessed little girl.

Jen I said...

STINKING CUTE!!

Peter and Wendy said...

Thanks so much for the lovely Christmas card. What a gorgeous picture of you and your little angel. She really is cute. We love and miss you all!

SuburbiaMom said...

She is too cute--be as sappy as you want! :)

All of us, but mostly Heidi said...

What a precious, sweet baby. I'm glad you get to feel so happy! What a great blessing!

beatrice said...

She's such a sweetheart!!Love your family :)

lisa h. said...

great post, it makes me happy.

Dan and Bec said...

Hi Karen,
She is sooo adorable. I am back in primary and miss your boys. I'd love to come drop by sometime!!!

Kari said...

Oh she's so cute! We're so happy for you guys! Can't wait to hear (read) about your new years resolutions! And, YES! We really do need to get together!

Kathy said...

You deserve every second of that post!! Love it!