I am not making excuses for my lack of frequent updates, but suffice it to say that I have been single-momming it for a while and the light's not at the end of the tunnel yet. However, we were able to have a great week with Jer over Spring Break, heading down to Williamsburg, VA for some quality family time at Great Wolf Lodge (which I highly recommend for people with kids our kids' ages--there are quite a few around the country) and the historic stuff in Williamsburg as well. It was overall just a nice and low-key trip, not too much planning and some time to read--exactly what I needed :o) Jer wanted to see some pictures of our trip (even though they're not very high quality and not dolled-up in the slightest). So here they are for your viewing pleasure, Babe... Love you!
Just have to throw this one in--this is Caroline's favorite pose.
Seriously, this is how she hangs out much of the time...
Great Wolf Lodge has an indoor waterpark that leaves nothing to be desired. We had such a blast; everyone comes running when the bell rings that this thing is about to tip. It took a little kid down while I was watching :o)
Just in case you're wondering--yes, those are magic wands and yes, they work! Caroline didn't get one of her own, and she looks pretty upset about it...
Williamsburg Fun
I put the boys in these and then walked away--hahaha...
"Don't mess with me, kids, or I'll build stocks in our backyard!"
(Seriously, check out the description of "the stocks"on wikipedia, they were pretty horrendous. Just for a little pick-me-up reading, you know...
Ethan asks me for one of these lollipops every single time we are in a store where they are sold, and every single time my answer is no. The Wythe Candy Shop is so fun, we threw caution (and money) to the wind and let the kids pick out whatever they wanted. Of course this was Ethan's choice! I had to try it, and yes, it was as disgusting as I imagined it would be... However, my chocolate/caramel/pecan-dipped apple was heavenly. I could only stand about 5 bites, but those 5 bites were worth the $6 I spent on it :o)
The obligatory family picture... on our way out.
Another one just thrown in from the week--early morning snuggling... These two are special buddies :o) Ethan can make Caroline laugh like no one else!
8 comments:
love the cuddle bugs!! and that lollipop... but the first one is priceless! just lounging... love her shoes too!
HA HA HA! She really DOES lounge like that all the time! That is awesome! And adorable. I loved this post - what a great re-cap! I can't believe you could only handle about 5 bites of that apple. I would have gulped the entire thing down in about 5 bites! I think I drooled on the keyboard just reading about it. But you know me. And sugar... Anyway. It looks like it was such a fun trip! You inspire me to maybe blog about our last family trip, finally. Which was... in November. :)
Ok, I know that I am completely and totally biased on the subject but let's face it: I HAVE THE CUTEST DARN GRANDKIDS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. That being said, they just don't come any cuter. Plus they;re even sweeter than they are cute. Just counting my blessings. Love you all!!!!!
So fun! I remember those stocks from my trip in HS. I love C's loungin'. What a wonderful, beautiful family. Loved seeing these pics of you guys and miss you tons! I hope you're hanging in there!!! Sending up prayers for you--I know you can do it.
I have such an adorable niece and nephews!! ;-)
Your kids are adorable and are getting so big . . . especially Caroline. Would be awesome to see you sometime soon!!
This just makes me miss your family!!!!! Caroline is a total doll- I love that first picture!! :)
Karen-
For some reason I can't find your email address so I decided I would message you through this. You will be fine on your ragnar. I don't know if you know this about me or remember I have a really phobia of throw-up. Well, that is what did me in on this race. we had one of our teammates get sick (he never actually threw-up) but the panic of him maybe doing that started me in my panic mode. Then I saw a couple of runners get sick. Then after my second run I got sick to my stomach because I didn't hydrate properly. Once I got some food and liquids in me I felt a lot better.
What I am trying to say is that the running part was a little hard but if you train you will be fine. I just struggled mentally because of my silly issues. You will do AWESOME and have so much fun!
Love ya!
Post a Comment