Monday, October 09, 2006

Eenie Bear is 3!

I think I'm having the hardest time of anyone coming to grips with this fact, but it's true--Ethan is three!!! And I must say he acts it. He wants to do everything that Bennett does, because, as he says, "I'm not a baby, Mama. I'm a big boy!" :o)
So his birthday has been spread out over the last 4 weeks, basically. As you already know, we went and met Thomas as an early birthday present, then the boys and I celebrated with friends on Ethan's actual birthday, September 23rd. On the 25th, we had a joint birthday party for Ethan and his friend, Gavin, who was born 5 days after Ethan, at the park near our house (see the pictures below). It was a gorgeous day, and the kids had fun eating lunch and Thomas cupcakes, riding bikes, shooting foam rockets, coloring with chalk and just playing on the playground. It was the perfect birthday party for 2 moms with full plates right now... Last but not least, we opened presents and went for ice cream with Grammy Ruth when she was here last week. So, needless to say, Ethan has had a fantastic birthday MONTH! He is growing up so much, and it's a blast to be his mom. He still loves to snuggle, thank goodness, and loves his big brother TRULY unconditionally :o) We are so glad Ethan came to our family 3 years ago--he always reminds us to have "team hug" after family prayer... He's got the right idea!

Someone's had a good (but long) birthday...

YUM!

Ethan loves chalk...

Everyone's happy!

Thomas cupcakes... what more could you ask for?

No comments: