Monday, February 19, 2007

Family Fondue Fun...

I think this year was the best Valentine's Day we've had yet. The weather was so bad that all schools (including OSU) were cancelled, so we were all stuck at home together!!! How much better can it get? We had so much fun :o)
I wasn't able to get out for the ingredients for our traditional "red" dinner, but we had leftovers from our fondue night with friends over the weekend. So we did it again with the boys! As you can see, they had a BLAST. I am beginning to wonder if we should make this our new tradition, it was so fun...

Ethan got mad at me when I tried to take away his plate (that still had enough chocolate on it, according to him), so I broke the rules and let him lick it. Definitely worth it!

Bennett's goal the entire night was to see how many different treats he could fit on one skewer, dip in the chocolate, AND still get into his mouth.


After dinner, we sat in front of the fireplace and read stories until we were too hot to stay there. Then we went around and each said one thing we love about each person in our family. I loved the boys' responses: Bennett told Jeremy he's the best Super Mario player he's ever seen, and he told me I'm the best dinner-maker in the whole world. And Ethan just copied everything Bennett said :o) It was an evening to cherish...
Since then, it's been a crazy little while. The furnace went out Thursday morning, a squirrel ate through our phone/internet line Friday morning, Bennett threw up Friday night, and Ethan threw up Saturday afternoon. I counted 5 space heaters, 0 phone calls or emails, and 8 loads of laundry... It's been wild!
Now everyone is feeling better, Ethan's back to his beautiful artwork (see the portrait of Mom below), and Bennett looks more and more like Jeremy every day, complete with apron for Sunday dinner and sleeves rolled up. Wish you were here!

6 comments:

Dave Axelgard said...

classic. that's the good stuff right there. and you thought valentines day was going to be a bust. you were way off!

Karen said...

thanks beef! you're the best :o)

Rochelle said...

I am glad things are looking (warming!?) up for you guys!! Sounds like V-day was a blast. You're a super mom Karenina.

Ashlee said...

Love the updates and pics. Glad you had a great Valentines. Miss you guys! Love you!!

Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce said...

You guys are such fun parents, I love how creative you are with your boys!