Thursday, February 15, 2007

The straw that broke the camel's back...

This is my third post in a row about the weather--and it better be the last. So I will make it short and sweet. Tonight it's supposed to be in the sub-zeros, not including windchill. And yes, if you can believe the irony, we have been without our furnace since 9:30am today and will be until Monday. Ahhh, so glad I can appreciate irony as a Humanities major...
This morning I came home from dropping the kids off at school to a house that smelled unmistakeably of gas. I called the gas company, they came and inspected the house--only to conclude that the furnace was leaking gas at a dangerous level. He turned it off and told me to call the heating people. Long story short(er), the heating guy confirmed the crappiness of our furnace and prescribed a new one, which will not come in till Monday.
The boys and I made a space heater run to Target, which conveniently had them all on clearance. Hopefully they'll work well enough for us till Monday... And if you don't hear from me for a while, call the fire department. We might be stuck in our house with frostbite, or worse...

No comments: