Monday, February 05, 2007

It's freezing!

So today was a snow day for us... except there was no snow. Growing up in Northern Virginia, I know we got away with murder when it came to snow days, but I can't ever remember a day when school was cancelled because it was just too cold! But that's what we've got today here in Columbus. This morning when Jeremy left for work (in paper-thin scrubs, I might add), it was exactly zero degrees. The high for the day is supposed to be 7, and tonight we're supposed to feel -20. These figures do NOT include wind chill, mind you. So it's cold... And I guess tomorrow's never going to get above zero. Hello, there's a reason we choose NOT to live in Alaska! Better start reading up on igloos :o)
The boys have chosen our activities for the day--staying in PJs till 11:00am, watching "Go, Diego, Go", having friends over for playdoh and lunch, making monster cookies and drinking hot chocolate. You wish you were here, don't you? Well, if you come over, make sure you bundle up!

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

We have had 8 snow days!...with about a 1/2 inch of snow on the worst day....so crazy these northwesterners! At this rate, preschool won't be over until July! Stay warm!!

Call Clan said...

Karen,
I remember a freezing cold and snowy day in Columbus and having a cute snow party at your house. Unfortunately, it ended with Bennett leaping off the couch and ending up with stitches. :-( But it was still a great memory. Wish we could have a snow party together this month! Freezing here, too. Jakey and I have such cabin fever!

Dave Axelgard said...

that's what the first week at sundance was like. it only got above 7 degrees once. global warming is a LIE! :)

Dave Axelgard said...

you know what? i do wish i was there. sure it's like 70 degrees and sunny all the time here, but i miss u and ur weenies. plus i have a closet full of sweaters that i never get to wear. and that's just not fair.