Thursday, April 12, 2007

RECIPES!

I'm trying something new, and hopefully it will morph into something better in the future. But this is what I can do for now...
I love cooking! I didn't really know how to cook before we got married, but I took it as a challenge and have thoroughly enjoyed my efforts so far. I think dinner is really important--if you can make it a good meal, your family will WANT to come to the table, and the tradition will carry itself! Also, cooking with your kids can be such a fun experience, and they'll learn important life skills in the process. Jeremy's mom did a WONDERFUL job at this, and I'm trying to follow her example.
So... I am going to start a new recipe blog. I can't guarantee a new recipe every day or something like that, but I will try to do it regularly. Just click on the "Karen's Recipes" link on the right to go to my new blog. I'm planning on arranging the recipes by course--ie, "main dishes", "desserts", etc. Feel free to leave comments on what you thought or to ask questions regarding the recipes.
This is an area in my life where I am gaining confidence, so I want to put my skills to some use. I'm not very creative, I'm not a scrapbooker or a stamper or a craft queen--but I love to cook a good meal and want to help people bring their families together through food :o) Oh, I am SO turning into a Rich!!!!

6 comments:

Bruce said...

I have been thinking about this a lot lately! I really want to be a better cook. I have a master at like 5 meals, but I think my family could use a little variety! I can't wait to try your recipes out! What a great idea! Thanks for saving our very lives! :)

Rochelle said...

Seriously...I am so glad I am your friend right now! This makes me so happy. I am kind of in a rut with cooking lately...and need things that are family friendly, new, and easy! I can't wait to see what you post! Thanks for sharing! Love you kare.

Poulsen Family said...

What a great idea! I love cooking too and am always looking for good recipes. I have a couple that we really love if you want me to email them to you let me know.

Lindsay

Mormhand said...

I'm just getting into cooking myself. I think I will use other categories, like wild Italian idea; Gourmet Magazine notions from the barbershop; etc. Just found a hot olive oil salad dressing with garlic, raisins and sugar/vinegar/salt/pepper. What better thing to think about while waiting for a trim! Love you Sis, keep 'em coming, Dad

Karen said...

Lindsay (and everyone else!),
If you have a good recipe, please share! You can either post it as a comment, or you can email it to me and I'll create its own post. Just let me know.... Thanks!

Lorraine said...

Karen- I am so excited to get some great recipes for you. Didn't we talk about that when you were in Chicago?