
Tomorrow my baby turns 6! I am posting today so that I'm not distracted to do it on his special day...
How to sum up the past 6 years? No words will do them justice. I just know that I've done a 180 as a person. Bennett has changed the way I see the world. I will be forever grateful for our little surprise--we weren't planning on him necessarily, but life is always better than we planned, isn't it? You bet it is... Bennett has taught me so many things in the short time he's been in my life. I could never quantify them all, but here are the top 6 from my head, in honor of his age:
1. He's taught me not to judge. Before Bennett was born, I had very specific ideas about good parenting... Needless to say, those ideas are gone and I realize that everyone is just trying to do their best, including me!
2. Bennett has enough zest for life for both of us, but he requires me to keep up with him and be just as excited about everything as he is. And it's contagious!
3. Bennett has no problem sharing his feelings. If he loves you, you know it! And he makes you feel like a million bucks :o)

4. He's so quick to forgive--there are times when I need to apologize for my actions, and before the words are out of my mouth, Bennett is running towards me with open arms. Shouldn't I do the same, for him and everyone?
5. Bennett tries so hard to make good choices! He has no ulterior motives--his heart is pure, and he just wants to make the people he loves happy.

6. Probably the greatest thing Bennett has taught me is that I know God loves me, because He sent the sweetest boy to our home and to my heart... I love you, angel boy! Happy birthday :o)
"...[become] as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love..." (Mosiah 3:19)
6 comments:
Aren't we lucky to be mothers!
Happy Birthday Bennett! Can't believe it...really? how does that happen? He is so sweet and will forever have your smile. You have nurtured him into a true sweetpea.
Happy Birthday, Beez!! Wish I could be there to celebrate with you!! (Your present is in the mail)
Thanks for your unconditional love. Miss you!!!
Have a WONDERFUL day!!!
All my love,
Auntie Ash
I have chills. Bennett is such a cuttie I miss him. Thanks for posting that. You are such a great mommy too! Happy Birthday Bennett!!!!!!!!!!!!
BENNETT!! He can not be six. Where has the time gone? Sure has been a great summer with you guys. Love you xoxo Glad to be closer
what a sweet tribute! happy belated 6, Bennett!!
Post a Comment