Poor Ethan--Bennett's getting all the blog attention lately. He's just hitting lots of milestones lately! Sorry, bud... You'll get your day in the spotlight in a few weeks :o)
The first day of school was last Monday, and let's just say that I called my mom as the morning bus drove away, and my sister (who's visiting my mom) picked up the phone. She just handed it to my mom and said, "Gosh, it sounds like Bennett was HIT by the bus, she's crying so hard." No, he was just fine--but I was a wreck!!!! I thought I had it all together; we went and visited the school, I love his new teacher, he'd already made some new friends at orientation, this is going to be great! But watching him walk away from me, climb on the bus with all the other kids, so sure of himself and excited for the new adventures that await him at school--part of my heart got on that bus, too! And now it walks around outside of me, so far from the influence of my home and my love... I can just hope that I've done my job well enough to this point that Bennett will make good choices, good friends, and stand up for what's right. Oh, I was a complete mess....
But the rest of the week has been awesome, and I'm taking myself a little less seriously. Bennett's a good kid! He'll be just fine.... right???
5 comments:
It's so funny. I thought I was going to be a wreck too. (It's such a big step for those little guys, and for us moms!) But then when we got to the bus stop, Sam was hanging off of my leg whining about something, Thomas started crying, and I feel like I barely said goodbye to Luke. I turned around and he was hopping up the steps! No wait- Come back! I'm not ready to let you go. We're supposed have a moment!
ha!
So there were no tears. I thought I was going to have a harder time than I did but as I told my sister, at that moment I would've put Sam and Thomas on the bus too - if they would've taken them! :)
Anyway, I loved reading this, and glad you survived! lol!
Okay so I can totally relate. When Madison started school back in Ohio she had to ride the bus. She wasn't excited about getting on the bus but was excited about school. Well, it killed me to see my tiny little girl get on the bus with such big kids surrounding her. She did great and we all survived. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and YES Bennett will be just fine. He comes from a great home and he does know right from wrong. You have raised your kids so well that you shouldn't have any worries.
oh, that is hard to have them go off by themselves. I keep wondering if I should really send Evan to school next year or hold him back so we can have another year to play!
Karen you really are the sweetest! Isin't it so hard sending them into the "big bad world"? Good thing they are so ready or I think I would have kept Hailey home forever! :)
You did it! It takes a huge leap of faith to send off that little kindergartner, doesn't it?
I've been watching and waiting for the kindergarten post -- how could we moms survive without crying and then sharing?
Post a Comment