Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Day of Thanksgiving

Thou gracious God, whose mercy lends
The light of home, the smile of friends;
Our gathered flock Thine arms enfold
As in the peaceful days of old.

Will Thou not hear us while we raise
In sweet accord, of solemn praise,
The voices that have mingled long
In joyous flow of mirth and song?

For all the blessings life has brought,
For all its sorrowing hours have taught,
For all we mourn, for all we keep,
The hands we clasp, the loved that sleep,

The noon-tide sunshine of the past,
These brief, bright moments fading fast,
The stars that gild our dark'ning years,
The twilight ray from holier spheres,

We thank Thee, Father;
Let thy grace 0ur loving circles still embrace.
Thy mercy shed its heav'nly store;
Thy peace be with us evermore. Amen.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

2 comments:

Mormhand said...

Thanks,, sweets, for the beautiful poem. I always think of you when I read those words.......loved the time with you on Thanksgiving. love mom

Anie said...

YEAH!! Thanks for giving me your blog site! I feel VERY special now!:) Gald you had a great Thanksgiving. Don't worry about not updating your blog all the time. I'm just gald we can now be blogging buddies!!