
The boys both tried their hands at bat for the first time this season. Let's just say it was fun to watch--
most of the time :o) There were only a few times when it was painful...
Ethan was on the Nationals T-ball team.

At the beginning of the season, he would run after the ball he had just hit instead of running to the bases. Does that make sense? Yes, we'd be jumping up and down, yelling for him to come to 1st base while he was running past the pitcher's mound. He thought that you had to catch your own ball :o)

And while fielding, if anyone else picked up a ball that had rolled in his general direction, he would have a
complete melt-down. It doesn't help that his practices were held from 6-7PM. He's usually just about done with the world by that time of day... It was a learning experience, for sure. I think next boy around, we will wait a little longer before we start team sports :o) But Ethan had fun, and that's all that matters, right? Tell me that again when I'm pulling him off the field kicking and screaming... (
he's the one kicking and screaming :o)
Bennett was on the Marlins baseball team. This was his first time playing baseball, so he had lots to learn as well. The only direction to go was up!

Bennett also had it in his head that you had to catch your own ball after hitting it, so everyone had a good laugh when he was up to bat. I didn't realize how much actually goes into learning how to hit a ball when it's thrown to you--I guess I just took that skill for granted. But after LOTS of practicing, one day I just saw the light go on, and Bennett figured it out!

And his fielding improved as well--by the end he was catching grounders every time they came to him! And so it was really no surprise that at the end-of-the-season party, Bennett was awarded "Rookie of the Year". He was SO excited--I wish this picture could have caught the look on his face :o) He had great coaches and had a great time, so we'll be back in the Spring!
3 comments:
Yay for Bennet's Rookie award! I can just picture the melt-downs (I've seen my fair share!) when the games didn't go as Ethan expected. I'm glad the boys had fun.
Carson played T-ball this summer....it is a HARD sport to learn. We are hoping next year will be more fun for everyone! Love all the new pictures. We made carmel apples a few weeks ago too...such a fun thing for kids and one of my favorite fall treats! Sorry we keep playing phone tag :-)
Love the new blog. Wish we could have been at a game! I know it would have been great- pure enertainment. I can picture Bennett being in top of the world with his award- mentioning it for days. How great!
Post a Comment