Grandma and Grandpa Rossell came to visit my parents at the beginning of October--and I would like to think it was to visit us, too :o) We could not have had more fun during the time we spent with them. To have my children get to know and love their great-grandparents is such a gift to me--and to them, too. The boys are still talking about how much fun they had. I hope they will ALWAYS remember this special time.
"In character, in manner, in style--in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity." (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Visitors...
We had lots of visitors to our home this Fall. We've had so much fun hosting--I should say I've had fun hosting; I think everyone wished they could have seen more of Jeremy (and that includes me :o)
Jeremy's Aunt Kathleen always comes to visit us, no matter where we're living--it's become a tradition to anticipate her trips this time of year. We didn't have as much time with her as we would have liked this time around, but the boys loved having her here. I seriously think she spent most of her time reading to them. They had just gotten a box of new books from my Grandpa Wiggo, and they were really anxious to read them all. Thanks for being such a good sport, Aunt Kathleen!
Grandma and Grandpa Rossell came to visit my parents at the beginning of October--and I would like to think it was to visit us, too :o) We could not have had more fun during the time we spent with them. To have my children get to know and love their great-grandparents is such a gift to me--and to them, too. The boys are still talking about how much fun they had. I hope they will ALWAYS remember this special time.
One afternoon, Ethan and I met Grandma Gege, Grandpa Norm, and Grammy Robyn out at Homestead Farm to pick apples, but we spent most of the time admiring all the gorgeous squash, gourds, and sampling all the different kinds of apples--we ended up just buying bags of pre-picked ones! I also got a few blocks of homemade caramel to dip apples in with the boys later--which you can see we thoroughly enjoyed :o)
Grandma and Grandpa Rossell came to visit my parents at the beginning of October--and I would like to think it was to visit us, too :o) We could not have had more fun during the time we spent with them. To have my children get to know and love their great-grandparents is such a gift to me--and to them, too. The boys are still talking about how much fun they had. I hope they will ALWAYS remember this special time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Karen, I can't tell you how much I LOVE reading your blogs. You always have such a great way expressing your feelings. You guys look like you have had a great fall, and way to go for having your boys play sports! That takes a lot! You are a GREAT mother!
I'm glad that fall is all it was meant to be in SOME parts of the country . . .
Love all the pictures, and the descriptions of team sports -- we start in January with basketball (fingers crossed).
We've been to Homestead Farms -- we had to cross the ferry into Maryland, which made it very memorable. That and the golf ball-sized blackberries we picked. Yum!
Keep having fun!
Post a Comment