*I just got back from Girls Camp--it was HEAVENLY!!! I didn't realize that I would come home on cloud 9; I thought it was just for the girls to grow spiritually, but I was way off. Now I think we need to come up with something like Women's Camp--where Relief Society sisters have to go into the wilderness, sleep in a tent that leaks when it rains, make all their food over a camp stove or fire, see each other without make-up or a shower for 5 days, try their hardest to be Christlike for that entire time, and see what happens! I think it would be great!!!
*Bennett turned 7 yesterday!!!! How did that happen????? Has anyone figured out how to freeze them??? More details on the actual birthday later...
*Jeremy's mom, brother Jason and his family have been in town for the last few days--luckily here for Bennett's bday. The cousins have been having a blast together! As I write, they are up at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore--and I am putting my house back together :o) We're LOVING having them here!!!
*Tomorrow night the boys and I will drive down to Dulles Airport to pick up my brother Freddy (and my parents who went to get him) from his mission to New Caledonia. If you don't know where that is, look it up! Hint: look northeast of Australia :o) We absolutely CANNOT wait to throw our arms around that guy and squeeze the life out of him. He has been an incredible missionary and a wonderful example to my boys--Bennett has taped each of Freddy's letters to him up on the wall next to his bed. This week is going to be magic: after Freddy and my parents come home, my brother Chris and his new wife Jenny (who Freddy will meet for this first time on Thursday) will come in, then my sis Annie and her husband Sam and precious girls will come on Friday. Then Uncle Dave will fly in early Saturday for a family reunion the likes of which will never be seen again!!! We have been waiting for this day for a long time... I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So there you have it: a little update of our recently crazy lives. Who am I joking? We're always crazy, but this is a special time. We are just so grateful for our wonderful families and the love and joy they bring into our lives. We are truly blessed...
PS: I promise to do a boys' update in the coming month. With birthdays for both of them within a month of each other, they are growing up so much and I just love them. Be looking forward to some cute pictures!!!
13 comments:
I still check your blog daily just hoping you have made a post... I am so glad you are still blogging, even if it is far a few between, it's great to hear your life!
Oh, and I just got back from Girls Camp too. It was a great time for me to spend time away and refresh everything in my life!
Have a great week with all you have going on!
Oh man. I am SO game for a Women's Camp. Let's do it! Seriously. I secretly miss girls' camp so much.
And happy birthday to Bennett!
Wow! with you guys its always non stop action! How fun! Its nice to see what youve been up to! have fun with your brother! And happy Birthday to Bennett!
Wow! with you guys its always non stop action! How fun! Its nice to see what youve been up to! have fun with your brother! And happy Birthday to Bennett!
Sounds like so much fun to have all that family around. You'll have to try out the recipe I posted for penne rustica, it makes a ton so you'll be able to feed them all. We spent the last week of summer playing every day, like you, it was a blast!
ooooh -- tomorrow must be the magic reunion Saturday! Have a great time together. Your family is just chock full of really cool people, so I can imagine the fun you're going to have. Celebrate!
Wow! He's already coming home? It seems like just last month we were camping and bla bla bla. Yeah! I'm so happy for you to have your brother home.
~Jessica
I just emailed you and then it was funny and I am not sure it was sent. If you don't get it let me know.
Yay, I'm so happy for the update! You just have such an infections positive vibe about you. Thank you for that. Sounds like things are going so well. I'm so glad!
I didn't even know you had a brother Freddy! How fun1 I hope the reunion was excellent. :o)
You've been having a great summer. I can't wait to hear more! You guys are so fun!
Hi Karen! I just found your blog! Your boys are so cute! Send me your email address when you get a chance, I'd love to catch up! Liz Flanigan Davis (elizabethfdavis at gmail.com)
Karen,
I decided today to check up on friends by reading blogs. It is fun to read what you have written and remember your personality and vibrancy. It is amazing what can come through in your blog. I hope all is going well for you. I'm jealous of the family reunion. Sounds wonderful to all be together.
Mary
Post a Comment