(I know this is sooo unbelievably late, but I promised my girls that I would post pictures from our fun week together. So bear with me...)
GIRLS CAMP 2008
I had the pure privilege of going to Girls Camp this year. My sweet mother-in-law Ruth came and stayed with the boys... I think they even had just as much fun as I did! It was a fantastic opportunity--one of my campers helped me figure out that I hadn't been to Camp since they were born. Ouch--thanks, Tayden :o)

I just loved being able to spend time with these amazing young women--future generations of wives, mothers, leaders and teachers! Watching them in quiet moments of kindness to each other, or catching them reading the scriptures alone or writing in their journals, or sitting together laughing and talking as we cut up vegetables or started a fire for dinner... these moments gave me such inner joy I felt like I would burst. I have so much faith in these good sisters--they are my sisters.
I just loved being able to spend time with these amazing young women--future generations of wives, mothers, leaders and teachers! Watching them in quiet moments of kindness to each other, or catching them reading the scriptures alone or writing in their journals, or sitting together laughing and talking as we cut up vegetables or started a fire for dinner... these moments gave me such inner joy I felt like I would burst. I have so much faith in these good sisters--they are my sisters.
Level 2 was the best! We were The Love Boat and our campers totally lived up to their name... I didn't hear an unkind word or witness exclusion of any kind; we had a number of less-active and non-member girls camp in our level, and you never would have known because everyone was inclusive of each other! I was so proud to be associated with them--I LOVE YOU CRAZY GALS!
I also happened to be the luckiest level leader at Camp--I got the best co-leaders and YCLS in the whole world; someone must have known I'd need them! We got to come one day before the rest of the campers and bonded like crazy... I honestly felt like I was in the presence of greatness. These ladies have so many challenges to deal with, but they face them with courage, with grace, with hope, and with testimony. And the fact that they're a blast to hang out with is just a bonus! Thanks for a wonderful week, ladies. You know how much I love you :o) And I apologize for the lack of pix of you all. Most of them were serious blackmail material--you can thank me later... But some I couldn't resist:
I just can't put into words what this week meant to me. I had no idea I would come home feeling as uplifted as I did. I was inspired by the beautiful surroundings, by our stake leaders and their dedication to blessing the lives of these young women, and I committed to myself to make some changes in my own life. It was a week of pure magic!
1 comment:
Heyy! I see myself! Girls Camp was sooo fun (even if we did have to cook our own food:)
Love,
Ashley Margret Barney
Post a Comment