I know, I know... it's a record for me to post twice in two days--but I couldn't help myself!!! My cute friend Heather put this candy bar quiz on her blog, and it was so fun I had to share :o) So, in honor of my least favorite holiday of all time, let's celebrate the only good thing about Halloween--the "dad tax" ("mom tax" does the trick as well.) When Jeremy was growing up, the first thing he had to do when he came home from trick-or-treating was to open up his bag, and Dad would get first dibs on the best candy. Get it, dad tax??? What makes it extra funny is that Jer's dad is an accountant--quite fitting, wouldn't you say? "Kids, I'm just teaching you an important accounting principle! Hand over your bags..." We love you, Tom!!!When I took said candy bar quiz, I got 12 out of 20--and then it dared to tell me, "You smell like snozzberries!" Name the movie... Wow, can you tell I'm on one tonight?
Take the quiz here! And thanks for the fun idea, Heather :o)
9 comments:
I got 15 out of 20--the Oompa Loompas sang for me. We don't call it the dad tax or the mom tax, but we certainly take whatever candy we want from the kids' stashes!
That was fun. Maybe we should enforce the "tax" at our house. :)
"Snozzberries, who ever heard of snozzberries?" It kept freezing up on me, and besides that I'm too embarrassed to say I missed a bunch!
Linds: You should be PROUD that you don't know all the candy bars! That means you don't eat all of them :o)
I love the " dad tax" idea! I wish I could have actually met your dad yesterday!
Confession: I have already busted open the trick-or-treat candy I bought:)
Hi Karen! I hope it's OK that I found your blog on Krista's blog. I just wanted to let you know I hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Take care!
Hi Karen! I hope it's OK that I found your blog on Krista's blog. I just wanted to let you know I hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Take care!
15 for this candy girl... i think they are confused on about 5 of the bars. :)
I got 14! I've never heard of some of the bars they showed, and I like to think I know my candy :)
My mom took all hershey bars plain and with nuts from everyones bags, so we learned to eat those before we got home (I know we were supposed to bring everything home for mom to look over before we ate anything-but she should have left my candy alone if she wanted me to follow that rule!).
Post a Comment