"In character, in manner, in style--in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
New Recipes
Just wanted to let you know that I posted a bunch of new main dishes on my recipe blog. These ones are EASY--perfect for this time of year when things are getting so busy. Check them out and let me know what you think!
WAIT! no im not! D'OH! haha! I cant even use TIRED as an excuse here.... 2 months+! WEVE GOT TIME! but wait, I can tell you 6 weeks before it will be HOT and GROSS!!! Were already too late for buggy tho. The bugs are EVERYWHERE!!!
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! My family has been starving. Did I succinctly capture my enthusiasm??? Off to my kitchen!!! Wait. To your recipe blog first. Then kitchen. Let's not get carried away.
I went to the grocery store last night, and can't wait to give your new recipes a try. Can I tell you every time I see that you have updated your recipe blog it's like Christmas for me. Just when I've run out of ideas, Karen always comes through for me. Thanks for being a lifesaver!
So that dish in the picture - the baked ziti? I made it twice in one week. Per Travis's request! It was AMAZING! We made it once for his dad (who said it tasted like it came from a restaurant! Isn't that the response you usually get?) and once for the missionaries. So sorry if you already fed it to them! Thank you thank you thank you! Oh yeah, and we do need to invite you guys over! When I get my house cleaned... :) Sorry I missed emergency preparedness last night. I thought about going, but I was exhausted and the contents of my 72-hr-kits are strewn in piles on the floor since Travis lent the backpacks to the scouts! Kind of a step backwards, don't you think? And the letters on the wall - I did make them myself! With contact paper and scissors!!! I told Travis I wanted one of those machines and he was like, "$200 for a machine that CUTS THINGS OUT?" and I realized he was right. I have scissors! Do I get a prize for the longest comment ever??? Makes me want to keep typing! I wonder when it will cut me off...
5 comments:
ive been cooking more! ill have to check this out! WHEN ARE WE GOING PICTURES?? Moving in 6weeks! AH!
WAIT! no im not! D'OH! haha! I cant even use TIRED as an excuse here.... 2 months+! WEVE GOT TIME! but wait, I can tell you 6 weeks before it will be HOT and GROSS!!! Were already too late for buggy tho. The bugs are EVERYWHERE!!!
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! My family has been starving. Did I succinctly capture my enthusiasm??? Off to my kitchen!!! Wait. To your recipe blog first. Then kitchen. Let's not get carried away.
I went to the grocery store last night, and can't wait to give your new recipes a try. Can I tell you every time I see that you have updated your recipe blog it's like Christmas for me. Just when I've run out of ideas, Karen always comes through for me. Thanks for being a lifesaver!
So that dish in the picture - the baked ziti? I made it twice in one week. Per Travis's request! It was AMAZING! We made it once for his dad (who said it tasted like it came from a restaurant! Isn't that the response you usually get?) and once for the missionaries. So sorry if you already fed it to them! Thank you thank you thank you! Oh yeah, and we do need to invite you guys over! When I get my house cleaned... :) Sorry I missed emergency preparedness last night. I thought about going, but I was exhausted and the contents of my 72-hr-kits are strewn in piles on the floor since Travis lent the backpacks to the scouts! Kind of a step backwards, don't you think? And the letters on the wall - I did make them myself! With contact paper and scissors!!! I told Travis I wanted one of those machines and he was like, "$200 for a machine that CUTS THINGS OUT?" and I realized he was right. I have scissors! Do I get a prize for the longest comment ever??? Makes me want to keep typing! I wonder when it will cut me off...
Post a Comment