Thursday, July 23, 2009

I've Been "Tripped" into it...

Well, I am feeling extremely guilty about posting something about a great deal at Costco, but not fulfilling my sister's long-awaited wishes for some pictures of her nephews... especially now that she lives in the middle of nowhere (aka Hannibal, MO). Sorry if anyone is from there!

So here's a recap of our summer: 2 words--SWIM TEAM.

Yep, that's it! That's literally all we've done--every single day, sometimes twice a day... and I couldn't be a happier (or tanner) mom. The majority of my childhood memories involve swim team in some form or another, and most of them are happy :o) No, really--swimming is one of the best ways to spend your summer, in my opinion. See how I turned out??? Don't answer that...

Anyway, I've been going back and forth about putting Bennett on swim team for the last couple years. I didn't know if he was ready--he didn't know all 4 strokes, and even his freestyle was still pretty rough. But we found the perfect solution: PRE-team. We found a great swim team here that offers this approach, with its own coach (we LOVE Coach Nadia!), an everyday practice schedule, and fun friends to do it with. I signed Ethan up for lessons at the same pool at the same time--could I have it any better??? 8 weeks, countless hours of sun, sweat and "happy tears" later, here you have it:

OUR SUPERSTAR!
CHEERING...
READING... waiting...
BEING WEIRD... more waiting...
A VERY PATIENT BROTHER... waiting too...
FANTASTIC CHEERLEADERS... who wait with us!
AT the CLERK of COURSE... waiting still...
Someday I'll remember to turn this the right way when it's on video... and I'll remember to shut up because I sound like a moron!!!

WE DID IT!
Hope you're having as much fun as we are... GO TORPEDOES!!!

Anne, I know you're thinking, "Where are the pictures of Ethan?" I'll get some from his lessons next week, ok? Just beating you to the punch... :o)

12 comments:

Anne Woods said...

Alright my little torpedo! That is way too fun!!! Live footage and all- wow! I am spoiled! :) Thanks so much! So great to see my grown up guy- can't wait to see the skills in action at the beach. we love you!!!
(holding you to the ethan post.. you have a week!)

Callie said...

For the record - I didn't think you sounded like a moron at all. Just a cute mom. So proud. :)

Lis said...

That looks like a LOT of fun!!! Im jealous of your Tan! Im still a little lighter than ELMERS! AH! Miss you guys! You have the cutest boys i hope you know!

Laura said...

i am with you on the swim thing. i am a swim-team addict. summers are the best.

lisa h. said...

looks fun! i just found out evan can do swim team next year for free at the UA pools. i'm glad you got a nice tan!

Sharlynn said...

Wow, so fun. What a little inspiration that Bennett of yours is. He sure is cute. That makes me want to get my kids in there and doing something like that. I guess I need to first have them learn how to swim. You have cute boys and I can't believe how much Ethan looks like Jeremy in that picture.

Ashlee said...

Welcome back. Love the update. Love those boys with all of my heart. Wish I could have been in Jersey with you guys this weekend (I'm in San Fran visiting Dru though). Love you!

daveghax said...

wow. that made me happier than i've been in a long time.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

No way! That's so awesome! I want little swimmer protege children!

Lollidale Farm said...

It looks like the boys are having a blast! We have never done swim team (and probably never will because a certain daddy is opposed...) but I love hanging out at the pool!
I have a hard time remembering to keep the video turned landscape too.

Rochelle said...

karen-he is really such a sweet heart. Love that cheesy grin!

daveghax said...

PS. you can rotate those videos in quicktime before you upload them. you know. if you want to.