Thursday, March 08, 2007

The good life... right?

Sorry I haven't posted for so long. Initially, I was waiting to post pictures from the AWESOME John Mayer concert we went to on Feb. 23rd, but the lady who sat in front of us forgot to email them to me. We forgot our camera in the car; bad timing on that one. We had floor seats on the 23rd row, but I can't prove it. Just trust me--it was fantastic. Needless to say, Jeremy and I came home feeling like we were 19 again--we have vowed to go to a concert like that at least once a year so that we keep our youth. I belted out "No Such Thing" at the top of my lungs and couldn't have cared who was staring at me. It was so fun!!! If only I could go back and do junior high and high school with my new sense of confidence :o)
Since then, life's gotten a little crazy. We spent last week in Virginia/Maryland looking for townhomes and came back empty-handed, but with some good information... So it wasn't a completely fruitless trip. If you know of anyone who is looking to give away a townhouse in the DC/Maryland area, we are all about it!
It's wacky week at Bennett's preschool, so I thought it appropo to include some of the wacky things the boys have been into lately. I love how, no matter what stressful thing is going on in our lives, Bennett and Ethan keep us focused on what's really important. I read in a Washington Post article this week that less than 1 in 4 married couples are choosing to have children nowadays. They are really missing out, in my opinion. And I bet you'll agree with me when you see these pictures :o)

Bennett decided to find out how it feels to wear a "gum crown", as he called it. He stretched out his piece of gum and wound it all the way around his head. Quickly realizing that it was much harder to get off than on AND that Mom was probably going to be upset with him, he tried to take it off himself--mashing it into his hair even more. And yet, he screamed at me while I tried to take it out; "Mom, you don't put peanut butter in kids' hair. It's just not good!!!"


Ethan was so excited to ride his new Cars bike after Jeremy put it together in the family room, he wanted to ride it right out of the house. But I had a very hard time explaining to him that you can't ride it off the porch (see the step?).


Bennett got a birdwatching pocket guide with his new binoculars for Christmas, and with the weather (kind of) warming up, I let the boys go out on the deck and look for all the exotic birds in our backyard rainforest :o) Ethan claims he saw a bald eagle AND a hummingbird, and they both "hooted" back and forth with an owl for about 30 minutes--I think I had more fun observing them than they had "observing" the birds.


Who would CHOOSE not to have one of these sweet angels wake them up each morning? I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...

2 comments:

Mormhand said...

you're a perfect Mom, a perfect mother of boys. so much love and joy and creativity and nurture in what you've written. i'm a fan! love, dDa

Bruce said...

Karen-

Concerts really are so much fun. I took Bruce to a Jack Johnson concert last year, it was the best.

I love your boys pictures of their bird watch. They are so creative, you can tell they have a good Mom! :) What a fun childhood! :)