I've been re-thinking whether or not I want to keep blogging. Sadly, it's become more of a chore than I want it to be... Who wants to CHOOSE more stress? But I really do like that it keeps me documenting and writing--two things that I previously haven't done very well. Anyway, I haven't decided completely yet, but I do want to make a few changes.
I don't want to go private because I've re-found a bunch of friends by blogging, but I do want to protect my family a little more. So... if you currently have me on your "links list" using our last name, will you please replace it with the title of my blog, "Keeping It Simple"? I'd appreciate it a lot. And if there's another title you'd rather have me use in linking to your blog, please comment and let me know.
Thanks for being patient with me as I try to figure this all out. I love staying in touch with everyone, but I want to do what's best for our family, too...
12 comments:
ah, the crisis. just keep blogging for yourself. as soon as you stop caring about whether or not you're letting people down by not posting about everything bee sting and field trip, it becomes fun again. plus, like you said, it is a nice way to keep a journal.
plus if you stop blogging we probably won't be friends anymore. but do it for you.
also, you should check and see if there's a way for you to put different privacy settings on different entries. that way you can save the racy pix for the right people. you know, like family.
I've gone back and forth over this in my mind as well. I started it so I could make a book every year to have some sort of record since I always want to scrapbook, but never get around to actually doing it. I would love if you continued because I feel like it's a great way to "keep in touch," but, you need to do what is best for your family. Just know we'd "miss" you.
Oh, I LOVE reading your blogs! You are so insightful! If you stop blogging, I totally understand... I will just go back to the old e-mail thing so we can keep in touch that way.
hey karen, found the song, I just posted a link to it under the video on the same post. (I'm pretty sure you have iTunes, so it should work... ;)
it's eminem. It links to the explicit version, but there should be a clean one on there too if you dig around...let me know if you can't find it.
and to blog or not to blog. I've had to put the brakes on the fam one just for now. Life's a little too crazy!
I've gone back and forth with being private. I was wondering what your biggest concern is with being public?
I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it. Your boys are getting so big! Hope life is treating you well and that residency isn't too crazy. I think about you way more often than I write to you.
Hmm...to blog or not to blog. Always a big question at some point in life. I went through it and made up fake internet names for us because I couldn't stand seeing people find our blog from our real names. And once I did that, things really seemed to take off and I blog a lot more often. I've thought about going private, and have with more intimate details (having one public blog and one private blog). I know a lot of people will do that and only post pictures on the private blog, etc. You can make your blog password protected, although you can't make different posts protected with blogger. If you do decide to stop blogging, make sure you print out your entries or make a book so you have what you wrote! I would miss keeping in touch with you if you stopped, though...blogs are the only way I can see what other people are doing since I'm on bed rest.
can i keep your first name on my blog, or would you rather I change it? I'm cool either way.
Perhaps you just need to set a schedule for updating, or decide why you like blogging and what parts of it feel like a chore. Then focus on the good and pare away the bad. :o) That sounds Simple, right?
I know how you feel but you can't stop because I love to stay caught up with what is going on. I just love you and you inspire me so much. You are such an amazing person and since I can't live near you and have you rub off on me I can at least read your blog. I just have your first name on mine do you want me to change that?
Hey Karen, Its Melissa! I found you on Anie's blog! I dont think you should quit the blog! even if you only do it once a week or month... its still fun to read what everyone is up to!!!! =) Im so excited to be in YW with you!
I love reading your blog, it is so great to see how you and your family are doing! But I have also had the same kind of thoughts, so I do understand. We miss you guys!
don't stop blogging!! Go private and just put pictures up of the guys every once in a while. You'd send out pictures of them anyway.... come one! Plus, we really do need some picture updates of those guys and what they are up! see ya tomorrow.. :) or Friday! (How ever long you can stand to be down the street from Charlotte!)
Post a Comment