Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We're back...

and we had a wonderful time on our cruise! So so so relaxing, and it was just fun to have a week in the same general vicinity as my hubby :o) We hiked Mayan ruins, we snorkeled, we ate escargot for the first time (it was really good, btw), we read and slept out in the sun.. it was heavenly! I will post pictures soon--there are so many and we have some on the laptop I have to switch over, but I will do it--I promise!!!

Coming home has been hard, though... I still have the sensation that I am rocking. I hope it wears off soon. I am also having a difficult time coming to the realization that I have to make my own bed and cook my own dinner again, but I'm sure I'll get used to it... :o) Many many thanks to Jeremy's parents for being our cruise mates and showing us first-timers the ropes! And many many many thanks to my parents for watching the boys for us--they were more sad to come home than they were when I left them! I guess it's a good thing that they love their grandparents so much :o) 

One quick note: a friend sent me this link, and I literally cried as I watched it. Check it out HERE, and you will find yourself smiling (or crying, as I did--big news, I know :o) It renewed my faith today...

9 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

I just posted that on my blog last night. I cried big tears...what a story! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your time, it sounds so fun and relaxing...now, I need to convince Jacob we need to do the same thing!

Jen I said...

Glad you had a great time! I look back at our cruise pictures now and am like - man, I looked so relaxed! And yeah - totally cried at that video.

Lollidale Farm said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! I would go on cruises all the time if I could. The rocking sensation does get better. :)

Sharlynn said...

I am so glad you had such a great time. It is always hard to come back to life and reality. You miss your kids, but it is hard to get back to caring for them. I can't wait to see some picks! Hope you have stopped rocking.

Laura said...

i'm jealous! we keep trying to convince ourselves that if we're ever going to go on a cruise, now's the time, while we live in florida (where all the ships leave from, it seems like), but i don't know if we've talked ourselves into it yet. i'm glad you had fun!

Lis said...

wow! Im so glad you guys were able to take a vacation. Seriously, YOU DESERVED IT!!!!!!!!! Sorry you had to COME BACK! ICK!

I saw that susan boyle thing the other day! HOW AWESOME!

Simply Selph said...

I loved this lady. Theran watched it like 15 times the day it hit the internet, he was obsessed. Isn't it crazy how you feel like your moving still after a cruise? Ask Jeremy (mr. ent) why that is?

Heather K said...

Karen, I'm so glad to hear about your fun trip! I can't wait to see pictures of your sunny days at sea! Keep in touch!

lisa h. said...

cruise sounds sooo nice! i hadn't seen the susan boyle thing...i finally watched it from your blog.

so we are planning to head down to DC in Sept (for the national tea party march on the capitol)! are y'all real close to DC? maybe we could see you? do y'all have any suggestions of great stuff to do w/ kids in DC?