Wednesday, August 18, 2010

She's HERE!!!!

Sorry for the delay, folks--we've been having much too much fun around here! And please excuse the waaaaaay-too-close-up. Just focus on the smaller of the two faces :o)
We wanted to announce that our sweet baby girl,
Caroline Anne,
was born on Saturday at 3:25am, weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz, and measuring 21 1/2 inches long. Her first name, Caroline, means "song of joy", and Anne is my sweet sister and biggest cheerleader.
We could not be more excited that she's here. I feel like I've had more "need-to-wake-myself-up-from-this-too-good-to-be-true-dream" moments in the last few days than I have in my whole life, and that's saying something. But this one probably tops it:
It was like Christmas morning when our two boys finally walked into the hospital room on Saturday. I was so completely giddy, I could hardly stand it. The hours I spent waiting for them to come seemed longer than the ones I spent in labor... But it was so worth it, and they have been so involved and curious and helpful ever since.
We are so blessed to have them in our family, and that they're an age where they will remember all of this. Another tender mercy for waiting so long for this precious girl...

This guy is the man of the hour--and the day, and the week!
I cannot say enough about what it's meant to have him with me through all of this. Jer gets a week of paternity leave--the first time he's ever even gotten any time off when we've had a new baby. I don't think it's been much of a break for him, but I have SO enjoyed being able to sit back and watch him take over. He's a better mom than I am! We've been treated to the smells of fresh chocolate chip cookies, grilled marinated tilapia, and freshly washed floors--not together, though :o) And I have to say I've never been better hydrated in all my life! I am beyond blessed to have Jeremy by my side...

So now we're home, getting adjusted to having three kids, and I'm sure it won't be without its rough days--but for now I am just soaking in this precious time.

Our Bennett turned 9 years old yesterday (yes, it's a miracle to me that he's THAT BIG, too), and celebrated with pineapple-upside-down cake and raspberry sorbet--his choice, not ours :o) This picture isn't the greatest, but it just shows his personality so well--he cannot (and never has been able to) conceal his excitement for everything--and that's why we love him!

Ethan has been absolutely incredible during all of this. I worry a little bit that he will feel lost in the shuffle of it all, but he just in love with Caroline and wants to be part of everything that has to do with her. He is currently devouring Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, and wanted to make sure Caroline gets in on the action, too. We love our Eenie Bear so much!

At Bennett's party last night, we were finally able to meet my baby
brother's fiancee, Annabelle, for the first time!
For just getting off a long flight from Paris, being super jet-lagged and trying to understand our wacky American family, she jumped right in to the action of things, and we're SO glad she is going to be part of our family. Freddy (obviously) couldn't be happier, and we couldn't be happier with his choice.

And last but definitely not least, I need to give a HUGE shout-out to my parents, who have traveled more of the Capital Beltway in the last few days than I'm sure they care to. But they have been SO great--entertaining the boys, making meals, preparing for birthdays--I can't believe how blessed we've been to have them close these last few years.
We love you, Mom and Dad!

Well, you all know my track record of keeping this blog updated, so I'm not making any immediate promises. But I've got some really cute faces who need pictures taken, as well as a sister who's very concerned about the daily "cuteness" status of her namesake, so I should be back soon :o)

38 comments:

Shauna said...

I've been waiting to see pictures of your little girl, and she is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful! What a little angel. We are so excited for you guys. Let us know when you will be up for visitors. We can't wait to see you guys again, and meet your little girl. Congratulations to you all. Love ya!

Poulsen Family said...

We're so happy for you!!!

The Spendloves said...

YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you and your family. She's perfect and I love how excited your boys are. Keep posting!!

Rochelle said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful Karen! I have been thinking about you these last couple weeks...thinking you were due, but didn't want to call you 9 months prego and say..."are you still pregnant"! :-) So I am thrilled with this post of good news! So happy for your whole family. Love the pictures of Caroline with your boys...the sweetest. ever. And, I can't believe how much Ethan has changed since we saw him last summer! I am sure you are enjoying every moment. With a 4 year break between Addy and Ry, it was a real blessing for me to really see how deeply I was blessed and how much I really tried to savor and enjoy the experience (more than I was able to with the first two). Enjoy all of it. What a sweet family. Love you Karen!

Elisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is perfect! I am so happy for you. I love that your boys are eating this all up. Love her name. You look really good girlfriend! :)

SuburbiaMom said...

Hooray! Congratulations, Karen! What a beauty---just like her mom!

mindy said...

Yay!!!! So thrilled for you all! She's beautiful!!

kri66 said...

Karen, it was so sweet to read and see all the wonderful pictures of all of you and your new little one. Thank you for sharing the sweet moments of life with me. I loved reading your words and got teary eyed as I thought of all you have been through the past couple of years and what blessings you are feeling now. with love,
Krista

Lorraine said...

Congrats, Karen and Jeremy! I got Grandma's emails with photos and went directly to your blog. I am SO happy for you!! You all look great.

Elie said...

Karen and Jeremy!!
CONGRATULATIONS! She's beautiful. I saw the pictures from Grandma, too, which sent me to this great post of yours. Caroline is a fantastic name for a fantastic little girl. Does she look a lot like you, Karen? SO PRETTY!!! Thinking of you!!!
xoxo,
Eleanor

Peter and Wendy said...

GUYS I HOPE YOU GOT OUR TEXT! WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! SHE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! LOVE PETE & WENDY

Safire said...

Yay! She is so beautiful! And I love that shot of your boys with her...so precious. :)

I am Laura said...

Congratulations. She is perfect! I a so happy for you.

Anne Woods said...

great, great post! She is so cute. Sorry but the first picture is my favorite. And it's not just because of the precious little one. Love Ethan reading her that gigantic book. It weighs more than she does. How fun to see Annabelle with the crew. So glad you guys are so happy. lots of great things going on... and more to come like a cousin for Caroline!!

Laura said...

hooray! she is so cute! you looked great in the close-up, too.

Tagan said...

What a little doll... Congratulations Rich's! I'm glad she's here and healthy and everyone is so happy! Sending our love!

Katherine said...

I am so happy for you!

Sharlynn said...

AHHHHH!!!! Congrats! She is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. She has been sent to the most amazing parents. I'm a bit jealous it wasn't me. :) We love you guys and hope all continues to go well.

Anie said...

I've totally been waiting for this post!! LOVE all the pics- Caroline's a beauty and I love her name! I can hardly contain my excitement for you and your family. Seriously- I so wish we were there to come over, bring dinner, and just watch you love and adore this new little baby girl! PLease PLEASE PLeaSE keep the posts (with lots of pics) coming! We miss you guys!

Jen I said...

Wow. I am so so happy for you. As imagining how blissfully happy I would feel if I ever got a little girl too! And really it's a wonderful stage with two brothers who can be helpful and enjoy her! I'm certain I've never sounded as joyful as you post-baby, so that's FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! What a sweet girl! Wishing you all the best!

Chaoyi said...

I was thinking how I missed little Caroline already, good thing you've put some of her pictures up on the blog. :)
She is the most beautiful little thing I've ever seen, so precious and soft. :) Thanks for letting me hold her for a while, I am so lucky.

tylerandmommy said...

CONGRATS Karen!!

momster said...

Oh Karen!!! I have been checking every day hoping for the great news. I am sitting here with happy tears for you and your family. What a beautiful princess she is! Good things come to those who wait <3 Soak up all of the joy-you deserve it! X O X O X O

lukeandjillfamily said...

What a gorgeous little lady! We know just how it feels to finally have some pink come into the home. It's fun to see how much your boys have grown. Congrats!

Cassidy Lundgren said...

KAREN!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!! (and Jeremy, of course!) She is so beautiful and I love her name! I'd love to call and talk to you sometime. Email me your number and we can chat. Miss and love you!!!!

becca said...

What a beautiful baby. I love the picture of Caroline asleep on your shoulder -- it looks like her favorite place in the whole world. And all the pictures of the boys with their sister are dear. It looks like bliss. I'm sure every moment is not bliss, but maybe a majority of moments.
And Freddy is getting MARRIED??? Congratulations! What a big happy summer for your family!

gege said...

What a blessed occasion. I could not be more happy!! Caroline is beautiful and the adoring faces that love her so much make the celebration absolutely perfect. Just wish I could hold her, too. BUT PRETTY SOON.

My love to all,

Great Grandma Gege

Mary said...

What a beautiful baby! Your family all look so happy! Congratulations and welcome Caroline!

shanenyefam said...

She is so gorgeous! You all look wonderful and we are thrilled that you have been blessed with a new baby...even a girl to round out your boys. Love you all.

Kari said...

We are so unbelievably happy for you guys!!! She is adorable, of course and we wish you all the best! Love you guys and hope to see you soon!

Kortney Manning said...

We couldn't be happier for you guys!! She was well worth the wait, it sounds :) Your boys are growing up so quickly, (as all of our kids are!), and they are so handsome! Congrats on this super special time. We think of you guys often!

Lis said...

Congrats Karen!!!!! Im so happy for you!!! Shes perfect!

Jill said...

YES! Been waiting for this news, and I am SO HAPPY for you. She is a beauty. Our Hannah just had her third also, named Emmeline, born on August 21. It is so fun for me to see your mom and dad holding their new grandbaby and knowing EXACTLY how they feel. So blessed. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations! (I bet Caroline and Emmeline already know each other from a holier place.)

Angie said...

Lovely! Lovely! congratulations on Caroline's arrival. I'm so glad all went well. By now you are old hat at everything, I am sure :) What a great and wonderful blessing she is. I'm so glad you are all enjoying her.

jbel said...

Congrats! She is adorable.

Lollidale Farm said...

I absolutely loved seeing you and Caroline on Sunday. She is precious. But I already knew she would be.

I am Laura said...

Ok, so now I feel dumb. I guess I did know you had a baby girl because I commented on this post. I went to look at your blog in more detail because I didn't know you had a baby and I guess I did know. Sorry for my rudeness. Congratulations again.