Those of you who are lucky enough to live within driving distance of one of these babies will have no appreciation for the significance of this statement. Well, actually you might, because you
know how good it is. But considering that I live on the
EAST COAST and only get to go to Cafe Rio once in a blue moon, instead having to resort to making copycat recipes at home in order to fuel my ill-fated addiction to Shredded Pork Salads, this is an
unbelievably major announcement for us here. I had heard rumors of it back in the summer but didn't want to believe anything for fear of having my fragile hopes dashed to smithereens. But yesterday, my friends, I saw this sign (well, actually one just like it because I didn't have my camera to take a good picture with, so I stole one off the world wide web) with my own two eyes, and I am here to testify to the truthfulness of the statement myself--it's really coming!!!
The newest Cafe Rio will be opening in Olney, MD in April 2011 (as in next month), and I plan on being one of the first ones there to witness this historic occasion, thank-you-very-much. If you'd like to join me, let me know and we'll make a date of it... YAHOO!!!
UPDATE: I just read online that it will open on April 27th at 10:30. Why a Wednesday I'm not sure, but... those of you who've expressed an interest, I will get in touch with you and we will make a plan!
8 comments:
wow! I wish new jersey had one!!
Let me know when you go- I WILL be coming too!!!! Now I gotta go tell Spencer the good news!
I LOVE Cafe Rio! I'll join you anytime!!
I am soo excited...count me in!!
Seriously?? Send your luck down this way!
Love it! You deserved that news!!!!!!!
Why did we not talk about this yesterday!? Yes, I'm in! Let's get a big lunch group together or something. And then go every. single. day. :)
I'll be eating a pizza in Italy. No, actually I'll be on a 14 hour plane ride by myself, 6 months prego, with 2 rowdy boys, coming back from Italy, after having eaten about 30 pizzas. The very next day I will join you in spirit from SL eating some yummy Cafe` Rio. It's one of my favorite places to eat! -Julie
Post a Comment